Michigan Humane Society saved a dog who had swallowed a bag of cocaine, which was thrown in his backyard.
It would be fair to say that the Pit-Bull named Nipsey fell victim to his own appetite by eating the bag of cocaine.
Officials were executing a search mission at a nearby property when the suspect threw a bag filled with cocaine to his neighbor’s backyard, where Nipsey was present at that time.
Nipsey started barking, and the police came into the house to investigate the matter only to find a torn apart and chewed bag filled with cocaine. The officials immediately contacted the Michigan Humane Society to provide them assistance.
Clinton Majors, the dog’s owner, said that when he came outside and noticed that his dog was eating dope, it immediately blew his mind.
The humane society workers hurried to the place after getting the information about the situation involving a pooch. The workers picked the dog up and took him to their veterinary center.
The one-year-old puppy had to spend one night at the veterinary center but was reunited with his owner the next day after being cleared by the vets.
Clinton did not have to pay for the veterinary costs that were incurred during the treatment of the pooch. The humane society paid for all the veterinary expenses.
The local police department was unable to determine which suspect had thrown the bag of cocaine towards the neighbor’s yard. Therefore, officials from the police department did not charge anyone related to the incident.
As far as Clinton is concerned, he was filled with gratitude towards the first responders and the police officials. Clinton said that he was just happy that the guys helped him out. Clinton added that what the officials from the police department and the humane society did was exactly what kind people do.
Image source: Michigan Humane Society via MSN